Friday, March 02, 2007

Enjoying N-Joy in Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand

A sultry Sunday afternoon in Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand. It was hot but the humidity seemed to exceed the temperature. I don't really like using the airconditioners and as I was moving about the house the electric fans were all but useless. What to do? What to do?



Ah I know. I was in dire need of a cold beer and my periodic English language fix. There is a sexy little pub/cafe here in Ubon Ratchathani that will solve all my challenges. It's name N-Joy. And enjoy I do. It is owned and operated by the Thai wife of an Australian dude. She provides a friendly, sexy environment and he provides good conversation and good stories.

The beer is always cold and in supply. If you get the munchies too while talking and drinking there is a good menu that a competent cook serves up tastely in short order. If you need a bit of action there is a snooker table in the rear. But as for me I enjoy just sitting, sipping my ice cold beer, listening and doing a bit of talking too.

The other mates who drop by are decent and provide stories and entertainment. N-Joy is a nice place in Ubon for us expat types to come get our batteries recharged before deploying back out into our alien expat world for more experiences and adventures. When you visit Ubon you are more than welcome to join us.

I headed back to my castle that Sunday afternoon, refreshed and not noticing what the weather was doing. All in all a good day among many good expat days.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

Darwin said...

Thank you very much

Ben said...

I'll be in Ubon in the second week of July. Hope to find my way to N-Joy and meet up with you guys over icy cold beer. Since me and my travelling companion are on vacation, we'll probably drop in after lunch. See you then.

Darwin said...

You will be here for the Candle Festival. I don't hang out there much anymore but there should be no shortage of guys happy to tip a few with you.

Ben said...

Thank you for the information. Will buy you a cold one if I know your favorite watering hole!

Anonymous said...

Is Njoy place still open? Is still have sexy girl there? I am in Ubon and getting the bored a little bit so maybe the time to have a look.
How come you say you no go their anymore? I like you stories. Thankyou.

Darwin said...

Anon,

Yes, N-joy is still open. I am sure some sexy girls go there from time to time. There are many things to do in Ubon, so no reason to get bored. I am sure the staff and patrons of N-joy will welcome your visit.

I rarely drink anymore and N-joy opens later in the day than before.

Thanks for the compliment. I am happy you enjoy my writing.

Anonymous said...

thank you for the message you send to me Darwin. I think Ubon is the boring town a little bit and only girls and the drinking is fun! I will go to the bar Njoy tonight to find the sexy girl for sure.

How come you not drinking now? You can come tonight with me also? We can find the sexy girl for fun together no?

I can buy you the coke if the beer is not for you anymore. Very sad.

Thank you again.