Thursday, January 19, 2006

Insurance, GREAT to Have When You Need It


Compare Multiple Quotes And Save Hundreds


During my life in the US Army I always had free medical and dental. When I retired from the Army I didn't really think about it too much. Most of my medical while I was a soldier were physical exams. I have been fortunate to have good health. Insurance. I didn't ask for it but while I was working at Burapha University in Bangsaen, Chonburi, Thailand I had to sign up for and pay for medical insurance. It wasn't much, I think is 3% of a monthly salary. I did complain from time to time about paying for something I didn't neeed. I could buy a good meal or a few cold beers with that money.

Well I was lucky again that I has that insurance. In July 2005, I suddenly contracted an invasion infection and required surgery and a long hospital stay of 39 days in a private room. The nurses and doctors took good care of me in Somdet Hospital in Sriracha, but I was never so happy to leave a room in all my life. I hope none of you have to stay in a hospital that long.

Well back to the insurance. For that long stay it paid for most of it, including pharmaceuticals. All I had to pay was 20,000 Thai Baht, or about $500. So looking back that insurance was an excellent investment and I was lucky I had it. I am healthy again and hope I never need to use that insurance again. But I will never complain again about paying for insurance whether its, medical, health, auto, life, homeowners or whatever. Its worth it.

Take care and enjoy good health.


Get a FREE QUOTE

No comments: