Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I Miss My Uniform (Sometimes)

Brigade HQ of actiongear.com

I joined the Army for many reasons, see the world, travel, adventure, be all that I can be. But one reason I chose the Army was for the uniforms. Uniforms were cool. They looked good, they are functional, they identify you as part of a team, and when I was younger, the girls loved them. Now I don't wear a uniform as such. I wear shorts and sandals because it's so hot here so I guess that is my uniform.

When I used to come to Thailand as part of my duty. I go to travel Thailand and stay in Thailand hotels. I used to worry I would lose my uniforms staying in Thailand hotels because they were very popular with the Thai people. The Thai soldiers would often come to my hotel in Thailand and want to trade or me just give them my uniform. But mine was always too big. They wanted boots but I wear size 12 and they wanted size 8. I thought they just love the uniforms but later I found out traveling around Thailand you can find Americna military uniforms on sale most anywhere. Many still had on the name tags of its former owner.

So alas those days are gone now so I make new adventures. My uniform has changed but I think we all wear a type of uniform no matter what. Aloha and mahalo.

125x125 MilitaryClothing Banner

No comments: